Saturday, 23 August, 2014
- The Extravaganza at Harlem United Methodist Church - 07:00 AM
- Run for Shelter 5K with The Augusta Rescue Mission - 08:00 AM
- Single Parents Fair at Vineyard Church of Augusta - 10:00 AM
- Back to School Bash at Fort Gordon - 11:00 AM
- Wild Game Supper & Outdoor Expo at FBC Thomson - 04:00 PM
- 1952-1980 LBC Multi-Class Reunion - 05:30 PM
Sunday, 24 August, 2014
- Revival Services at Midland Valley Community Church of the Nazarene - All Day Event
- Disciples of Jesus Youth Group Meeting at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church - 01:00 PM
- 145th Church Anniversary at Hammond Grove Word Power Ministry - 03:00 PM
- TIME for Recovery Meeting at Stevens Creek Church - 05:00 PM
Father of Lights Movie Screening at Vineyard Church of Augusta
Father of Lights is the final film in the Finger of God/Furious Love trilogy. It is big, epic, and above all, challenging. If I were to have to explain what it is about in a nutshell, I would put it like this: if Finger of God is about Godís power, and Furious Love is about Godís love, then Father of Lights is about Godís heart. I went into making this film by asking the simple question: who is God? I wanted to know His character, His personality, and who He truly is. To answer this question, we had to peel back the many layers of religious garbage that has been passed onto him through generations. That He is angry. Vengeful. Wrathful. And in general, that He doesnít like you very much. The truth, as you will see vibrantly in this film, is that He is the most loving, compassionate, and wonderful Father you can imagine.
Login to post a comment...