Sunday, 26 April, 2015
- Tri My Best Triathlon - 09:00 AM
- Harvest Celebration at New Life Ministries - 11:15 AM
- Open House at Episcopal Day School - 03:00 PM
Monday, 27 April, 2015
- Nicaragua Missions Fundraiser Night at Zaxby's - All Day Event
- Blood Drive at Jenkins County Optim Medical Center - 02:00 PM
- Blood Drive at Screven County Optim Medical Center - 02:00 PM
Tuesday, 28 April, 2015
- Augusta Aglow April Meeting - 10:00 AM
- Big Kids Story Time: Let's Go to the Beach - 10:15 AM
- Blood Drive at Wardlaw Building - 01:00 PM
- The Veggie Truck Farmer's Market - 04:30 PM
Salvation Army Disaster Training: Ministry of Presence
*Must be at least 18-years-old to participate in training.
The Salvation Army disaster service is more than just physical care; it is also emotional and spiritual support. This course will explore appropriate emotional and spiritual care from its most basic level of 'just being there' to the deeper aspects of pastoral counseling and referral. This is a highly interactive course that will both challenge and help participants to care for both others and themselves during disaster deployment.
Who should take this course? This course is designed for new disaster workers who are interested in understanding the basic principles of responsible and appropriate emotional and spiritual care on disaster operations. The target audience includes anyone who is interested and is not limited to clergy.
*Interested parties should email their name, number and titles of the courses they wish to register for to Katie Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login to post a comment...