Tuesday, 03 March, 2015
- Blood Drive at Oconee Fall Line Technical College - 08:00 AM
- Blood Drive at Screven County High School - 08:30 AM
- Blood Drive at Theile Kaolin Company - 09:30 AM
- Big Kids Story Time: Cowboys at Augusta-Richmond County Public Library - 10:15 AM
- Griefshare at West Acres Baptist Church - 06:30 PM
Wednesday, 04 March, 2015
- Blood Drive at Thomas Jefferson Academy - 08:00 AM
- Story Time for Tots: Sharing at Augusta-Richmond County Public Library - 10:15 AM
- Blood Drive at Wrens Baptist Church - 02:00 PM
- Blood Drive at First Baptist Church of Waynesboro - 05:00 PM
- Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at West Acres Baptist Church - 06:30 PM
Salvation Army Disaster Training: Ministry of Presence
*Must be at least 18-years-old to participate in training.
The Salvation Army disaster service is more than just physical care; it is also emotional and spiritual support. This course will explore appropriate emotional and spiritual care from its most basic level of 'just being there' to the deeper aspects of pastoral counseling and referral. This is a highly interactive course that will both challenge and help participants to care for both others and themselves during disaster deployment.
Who should take this course? This course is designed for new disaster workers who are interested in understanding the basic principles of responsible and appropriate emotional and spiritual care on disaster operations. The target audience includes anyone who is interested and is not limited to clergy.
*Interested parties should email their name, number and titles of the courses they wish to register for to Katie Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login to post a comment...