Saturday, 19 April, 2014
- Take the Lake 5k with Greater Augusta Fellowship of Christian Athletes - 08:00 AM
- 2014 Great Easter Egg Drop at Columbia County Fairgrounds - 10:00 AM
- Easter Egg Hunt at St. Paul Lutheran Church - 10:00 AM
- Easter Eggstravaganza at First Baptist Church of Augusta - 10:00 AM
- Great Aiken Egg Hunt at South Aiken High Football Stadium - 10:00 AM
- Community-wide Easter Egg Hunt - 02:00 PM
- Easter Egg Hunt at Evans High School Stadium - 03:00 PM
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Town Creek Baptist Church - 03:00 PM
- Dramatic Musical at Corinth Baptist Church - 06:30 PM
- Watch The Lamb: Easter Passion Play at Providence Baptist Church - 07:00 PM
Make, Bake & Take Silent Auction with Fort Gordon Spouses’ & Civilians’ Club
Eat. Drink. Bid. Enjoy! Join the Fort Gordon Spouses’ & Civilians’ Club for the Make, Bake & Take silent auction and luncheon on Wednesday, Nov. 13. Friends old and new are welcome to attend, bid on a basket or two and get a jump on their holiday shopping. The free event runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gordon Conference and Catering Center on Fort Gordon. Attendees can enjoy a pay-as-you-go lunch buffet, gift drawings and more. “Make, Bake & Take is so much fun,” said Angela Kennedy, FGSCC president. “You can feel the excitement as you enter the room.” Make, Bake & Take lets everyone in the FGSCC and the Fort Gordon community show their creativity and participate in a silent auction. The concept is simple. Members create themed baskets or decorative jars filled with goodies and donate them to the auction. The donated items are then auctioned off to the highest bidder. Proceeds from the silent auction benefit the scholarship and grant program of the FGSCC. Themes popular in years past include Movie Night, Wine and Cheese, Homemade Bread and Decadent Apples. For example, Movie Night might include movie tickets, popcorn and boxes of candy while Decadent Apples might include candied, caramel or chocolate-covered apples on a decorative platter. “Everyone loves a silent auction, so Make, Bake & Take is one of our most popular events of the year,” said Kennedy. “People can get ahead on their holiday gift shopping while knowing they are giving back to the military community through our annual scholarship and grant program.” Fort Gordon Spouses’ & Civilians’ Club is an active part of the Fort Gordon community, leading community service projects, operating the Thrift Shop and providing volunteer opportunities, special events and activities. A private nonprofit organization, Fort Gordon Spouses’ & Civilians’ Club is not affiliated with Fort Gordon or the U.S. Army. Membership in the club is $15 annually and is open to anyone affiliated with Fort Gordon. For more information or to join, please visit www.fgscc.com.
Wednesday, 13 November, 2013
11:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Login to post a comment...